"..exemplary customer service and excellent oak engineered wood flooring, It's a pity so many people concentrate on 'price' rather than 'value for money'., A friend who went the 'traditional' route with solid boards on battens has seen a lot of movement whereas our joints are as tight as the day they were laid."
I am so pleased you are continuing to do well despite the recession – you certainly deserve it due to your exemplary customer service and excellent oak engineered wood flooring- there might be a few cheaper products on the market but they would not come anywhere near to the fantastic quality of yours, which I think represents superb value for money. It’s a pity so many people concentrate on ‘price’ rather than ‘value for money’.
Attached are the photos – before and after waxing.
Some background information that might be helpful if you have a customer asking lots of questions about fitting:
The engineered oak boards were laid directly onto Elastilon which sat on 70 mm thick Xtratherm foam insulation board that sat on a vapour barrier sheet on top of the concrete slab at our Leicestershire home.
As a ‘floating’ floor it is not rigidly fixed and has no battens or bearers, and despite these being your widest 220 mm boards there have no problems whatsoever. I did not even glue the T&G joints relying solely on the Elastilon which has been marvellous. A friend who went the ‘traditional’ route with solid boards on battens has seen a lot of movement whereas our joints are as tight as the day they were laid. This new-build green oak room has experienced great variations in temperature and humidity so it is not even a pampered floor!!
I did however lay 70 mm timbers around the perimeter in order to create a duct in which the cables were laid for the floor-mounted power sockets (only just discernible in the last photo).
Best wishes for your continued success.
More Feedback from our Customers in the Midlands:
- J Richardson from Derbyshire provides helpful tips for other customers about the benefits of using wider boards in cottages.
- Andrew from Shropshire has kindly provided a diary of events from ordering the wood flooring to the finial finish complete with some helpful advice.
- P Blackmore from Worcestershire provides some great photos of his completed floor and the benefits of laying onto Elastilon if you are not an experienced joiner.
- A Derbyshire customer decided to go the extra mile and use our wood floorboards to clad a wall in an alcove to create an interesting feature in his home.
- Swindon wife in Wiltshire explains why her cat was happy but she was not when it came to the length of time that it took her husband to complete the flooring.